Tuesday, December 12, 2006

Christmas Time is Here!

It's almost Christmas! My favorite holiday is just about here! And to celebrate, I'd like to fill out this meme (what does that mean?) that I stole from my mom, who stole it from someone else... but anyways, here it goes:

1. Eggnog or hot chocolate? Hot chocolate makes the world go round, as a friend of mine said.

2. Does Santa wrap presents or just put them under the tree? You know what? I really don't know about this one... however, I think that the elves wrap, too time consuming for Santa to do it all.

3. Colored lights on the tree, or white? White, definately. It reminds us of the true meaning of Christmas.

4. Do you hang mistletoe? Nah, but it might be fun...

5. When do you put your decorations up? Whenever mom gets around to it - definitely not more than a few weeks before Christmas. *sneaky smile*

6. What is your favorite holiday dish (excluding dessert)? You're kidding, right? I have to pick a favorite? That's just crazy. I like all of them. :)

7. What's a favorite holiday memory from your childhood? I dunno... they're all pretty good.

8. When and how did you learn the truth about Santa? Well, I guess... pre-school maybe. That's when I learned that he really exists (and that has to be the truth, my teachers have said so)!

9. Do you open a gift on Christmas Eve? No, because we're usually not done wrapping them yet. :P

10. How do you decorate your Christmas tree? See mom's blog, she describes it well.

11. Snow! Love it or dread it? I hate having to drive in it... but I love sledding in it or watching it fall as long as I'm inside and wraped up in a nice warm blanket with some hot chocolate and a good book to read!

12. Can you ice skate? I've tried twice, apparently I have no sense of balance (found that out when I was learning to ride a bike in 7th grade, but that's a story for another day). However, I'd better learn fast, I need to know by the 27th (another story that will be told later)!

13. Do you remember your favorite gift? Um... nope, not really. I have to say "Thanks, mum and dad, for the mp3 player (I don't go almost anywhere without it!) and for the sketch book (I've used basically the whole thing up!)"

14. What's the most important thing about the holidays for you? Thinking about the true meaning of Christmas... and being together with family. And maybe getting sleep.

15. What is your favorite holiday dessert? I dunno.... it's dessert, do you expect me to pick? However, what I really feel like now is one of those chocolate oranges.

16. What is your favorite holiday tradition? Stockings first, then brunch, THEN presents. It heightens the suspense.

17. What tops your tree? Nothing, currently. But it still looks nice.

18. Which do you prefer - giving or receiving? I love giving things and seeing the looks on their faces when they get it. That's always the best part. However, getting stuff is fun, too.

19. What is your favorite Christmas song? This is music we're talking about, people. I can't have a favorite of these either. I really like "Breath of Heaven (Mary's Song)", "What Child is This?", "Angels We Have Heard on High", "Carol of the Bells", "Patapan", "Baby, It's Cold Outside" and "God Rest Ye Merry, Gentlemen". And, of course, my new favorite, "Tractin' in a Winter Wonderland". I probably have a lot more, but I'm going to stop listing now.

20. Candy Canes! Yuck or yum? Heck, it's sugar! I'll eat all the sugar I can get my hands on (although you probably don't want to see me after that).

Anyways, I hope that was fun! It was definitely fun for me!

1 comment:

alisonwonderland said...

i thought i posted a comment, but it's not shown up (so if this is a duplicate, i apologize).

thanks for playing along!

love, mom :o)

p.s. click here to find the answer to your question 'what is a meme?'