Sunday, July 20, 2008

Seattle Vacation- Day Three

Location: Portland, OR to Seattle, WA
Clothing for the day: White skirt, purple polo, white flats
Places visited: A church, International Rose Test Garden
Places we've eaten at: Embassy Suites for brunch, our aunt and uncle's house for dinner

Erin's not adjusting well to the time zone change. She woke up at 6 this morning, since it's 7 back home.

This is the shortest leg of our journey. That's good, because we're all dressed up for church. Riding around in the car in a skirt just isn't that fun. It actually took us a bit longer than we had originally thought, because Washington traffic is horrific. It's really pretty up here, though, as it's all green. I love it. :)

We went to the International Rose Test Garden in Portland, and that was pretty fun. It smelled so good, and the roses were in all different colors and sizes. Good walk for a Sunday. We got some good pictures, too.

My friend got back from camping today, so I got to talk to him a bit. I haven't heard from him in a while, so that was fun.

We went to my aunt and uncle's house for dinner, and we had a barbeque. It was some really tasty food. After dinner, they planned what we're going to do together on Wednesday, while I went and played the keyboard. They have a piano solo of Rhapsody in Blue, so I played the clarinet part a couple of times. I'd love to play that in real life sometime.

After dinner we came to "home base," as many in my family have taken to calling it, and went to bed. It was a good day.

No comments: