Saturday, July 19, 2008

Seattle Vacation- Day Two

Location: Boise, ID to Portland, OR
Clothing for the day: Jeans, SummerFest tee, athletic shoes
Places visited: Oregon Trail Interpretive Park at Blue Mountain Crossing, Multnomah Falls
Places we've eaten at: Holiday Inn Express for breakfast, Subway for lunch, Pizza Hut (delivered to our hotel room) for dinner

This morning, we ate breakfast at the hotel. My sister and I went down by ourselves, as everyone else wasn't ready yet. There were two boys at the table next to us; one about my age, and the other about my sister's age. They kept laughing at things we said, and we kept laughing at things they said, but we really never said a word to each other. Pretty funny.

Today was more driving, but at least this time it was a bit more eventful. Lots more sleep for me, and I decided to try to listen to almost every song on my iPod (I skip the ones that I really don't like, but there aren't very many of those. Now, some of you might say, "Why do you have songs on your iPod that you don't like?" Answer: Because sometimes CDs have really good songs mixed with really bad ones, so they just end up on there. That's all). I texted a friend for a little bit of the trip, but he had to go to work, so that didn't last long.

The best part of driving on the road we were on was that it was right next to the Columbia River. It's way pretty. Now I know what they mean about Utah rivers being mere trickles. I played some river watching music (Andare, which was a free song off iTunes) and watched as we drove by, catching glipses of the river through many green trees.

We walked around a bit at the Oregon Trail Interpretive Park, on a half mile trail. It was kind of fun to see what the pioneers saw.

The other stop we made was at Multnomah Falls. It was only one mile to hike, but it was pretty steep. Steeper than any of the trail runs we've done so far, anyways. But the view was totally worth it. I got some good pictures on my phone, but I can't really put them here.

We got to our Embassy Suites hotel fairly late, ordered pizza, and went to bed. Pretty tiring day.

For a different account of the trip (with pictures!) see mum's blog.

No comments: